Wearing a mask is crucial in slowing the spread of COVID-19. According to CDC guidelines released in January, some infectious disease experts now say it's a good idea to wear two.
When looking to double up, epidemiologist Sly suggests to use different types of materials to achieve the 2 way barrier - e.g. wearing a three-layer disposable mask with a cotton mask on top.
- Include multiple layers of fabric
- Add a filter between layers to increase protection. This can be either made from a polypropylene fabric, a paper towel or a carbon filter. We currently have a pack with 10 activated carbon filters for just $4.99. They are the perfect fit for your Wrap!
- Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of your face
Watch this video and learn how to turn your bandana into a face mask, using just 2 extra rubber bands.
With this video you can learn how to fold your Wrap and add a filter between layers to increase protection.
According to CDC guidelines released in April, cloth face coverings are recommended to slow down the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus without knowing from transmitting it to others.
Cloth face coverings are also recommended so surgical masks or N-95 respirators can be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders.
Wrap! is not intended to be used as medical-grade face mask or as a replacement for N95 respirator as effective measures to prevent disease, illness, or spread of viruses.
1. How to Wear a Face Mask Bandana?
Face Mask Bandana should fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the facebe secured with ties or ear loopsinclude multiple layers of fabricallow for breathing without restrictionbe able to be laundered and machine dried without damage or change to shapewe recommend adding a filter to help increase the protection it offers you and those around you.
2. What is the protection offered by Face Mask Bandana against the COVID-19?
It can slow down the spread of the virus and help people who may have the virus without knowing (asymptomatic patients, for example) from transmitting it to others.It is important to mention that they are NOT surgical masks or N-95 respirators. Those are critical supplies that must continue to be reserved for healthcare workers and other medical first responders, as recommended by current CDC guidance.
3. When do you need to wear a Face Mask Bandana?
In situations where you may be near people.
4. Do I still need to stay at least 6 feet away from people if wearing a Face mask?
Yes. CDC still recommends that you stay at least 6 feet away from other people (social distancing), frequent hand cleaning and other everyday preventive actions.A Face Mask Bandana is not intended to protect the wearer, but it may prevent the spread of virus from the wearer to others. This would be especially important if someone is infected but does not have symptoms.
5. Who should not wear Face Mask Bandana ?
Face Mask Bandana should not be placed on young children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
6. Why CDC recommending Face Mask Bandana instead of medical grade face mask?
Surgical masks and N95 respirators are in short supply and should be reserved for healthcare workers or other medical first responders, as recommended by CDC guidance.
7. Should Face Mask Bandana be washed or otherwise cleaned regularly? How regularly?
Yes. They should be routinely washed depending on the frequency of use.
8. How does one safely sterilize/clean a Face Mask Bandana ?
A washing machine should suffice in properly washing a Face Mask Bandana.
9. How does one safely remove a used Face Mask Bandana ?
Individuals should be careful not to touch their eyes, nose, and mouth when removing their Face Mask Bandana and wash hands immediately after removing.